Starting a business online – Way technical job to do you need to find Best Ecommerce platforms
There exists an ambiguity for everyone which platform is more suitable and in which category. E-commerce stores are rocket science to those who have no knowledge of IT and online things but the person who knows such things will get off the track because of the multiple options in the list.
This article will lead the reader to choose the best platform for the niche. It will eradicate all of the confusion while choosing the BEST E-COMMERCE PLATFORM FOR YOUR BUSINESS.
Here the list has been shortened and explained with its pros and cons. All of the acquired information about the packages as well as the discounts offered through different platforms.
Best of it can make you generally understand that you may only know your industry, this article will lead you to the appropriate eCommerce platform to implement for your business.
In addition to this, our concluding remarks and votes will also be given at the end of the article to know and decide between the available sources.
Shopify – Best Ecommerce platforms
Shopify is the best eCommerce platform that allows you to create a free online store. From small & medium businesses to large businesses, Shopify is leading as the best eCommerce platform in the market for business size.
All on a single platform, you can set up your eCommerce store and start selling your online and offline products using Shopify POS. Shopify’s point of sale allows in-person selling of products using your smart gadget Shopify POS application.
It comes with mobile optimized themes where 9 themes are available only and others are paid with different price tags. Shopify offers unlimited hosting with analytics and search engine optimization functionality. But you can’t rely on Shopify for your SEO, as it is weak at SEO and content marketing. You can get your best Shopify SEO services from Shopify Pro to achieve your online business goal.
- Secure Checkout processing
- Unlimited Products
- Unlimited storage
- Shopify Point of Sale
- SSL certification for shopping cart
- Over 70 payment gateways
- Shopify for mobile
- Dropshipping and FBA integration
- Social selling capabilities
- Social Media Integration
- Over 100+ professional themes
- Blogging platform
- Facebook Integration
- Gift Cards
- 24/7 customer support
- Tons of themes and built-in templates to choose
- Fast and reliable online store’s performance
- Amazing marketing tools for your site’s SEO
- Access to the auto-generated site map of your website
- Enables multi-channel selling
- Mobile-friendly websites
- Lots of third party integration options
- Fully hosted, so no worries about maintenance and server
- Additional cost for external gateway integration
- No free plan!
- Lack of B2B capabilities
- Tech-savvy required for advance features
- Poor SEO performance
- Customization limited to only themes and templates
Shopify offers 14 days free trial unlocking all its features that you can test
The pricing of different plans is as follows
- Shopify Basic Plan – $29 per month
- Shopify Plan – $79 per month
- Shopify Advanced plan – $299 per month
BigCommerce – Best Ecommerce platforms
BigCommerce is the top eCommerce platform with robust eCommerce solutions. It is an all in one platform where you can set up your online store, products, and anything you need to sell online.
Without using any app, BigCommerce is a single platform that allows you to sell online, digital to physical products. It saves your additional costs as you don’t need any third-party apps and gives you all the best features in one place.
It has its store design tool that makes this builder even easier to use. This highly customizable platform gives you inventory management support as well. As compared to Shopify, the finding showed BigCommerce as 14% more difficult to use.
From beginners to small businesses, BigCommerce is a top solution to scale your online business. If you want to add some features, BigCommerece eCommerce services experts and the developer community can perform this task for your online store.
- Fully customizable themes
- Professional SEO tools
- Multiple payment options integration
- CRM integration
- eCommerce integration
- Multi-channel management
- Inventory management support
- BigCommerce Point of Sale
- Third-party integration
- Easy Design and Setup
- Multiple Built-in Marketing Features
- Built-in Features at single places
- Fast and secure eCommerce experience
- Expensive pricing plans
- Lack in one click selling and buying
- No lite version
- Standard – $29.95 per month
- Plus – $71.95 per month
- Pro – $269.96 per month
- Enterprise – Quote on request
Create your functional eCommerce store tool using drag and drop tools. Wix.com is the best-known website builder platform powering over 500,000 businesses and above 180 million users.
Wix eCommerce platform is bundled with lots of features and 500+ templates with online store functionality. For small businesses, photographers, musicians, and students, wix.com is an ideal platform that comes with different template niches.
- Highly customizable designs
- Optimized Mobile view of websites
- The top quality designer-made templates
- Intuitive and easy to use website builder
- Google Analytics
- Contact Management support
- Social Sharing tools
- Marketing Tools
- Multiple Payment methods accepting credit cards, PayPal, and offline payments.
- Inventory support
- Tracking and analysis of websites
- Free to use
- Easy drag and drop capabilities
- Attractive and predesigned templates option
- The high-speed performance of websites
- Secure Payment processing
- You can upgrade from free option and cancel anytime
- You can build an online store as well as photography, Music, Blog, resume, and portfolio websites
- 14 days Money back guarantee
- Convenient usage experience but lack in advance features
- No data backup and export support
- Websites are not so SEO friendly
- It lacks in marketing features and integration
- Stuck with predesigned templates
Wix is a free platform where you access over 500 templates for free you get 500MB bandwidth of storage and 1GB bandwidth.
Some paid plans of Wix are as follow
- Combo Plan – $ 13 per month (for personal use)
- Unlimited Plan – $17 per month
- Pro plan – $22 per month
- VIP plan – $39 per month
- Business Basic – $23 per month
- Business Unlimited – $27 per month
- Business VIP – $35 per month
- Enterprise – $500 per month
WooCommerce – Best Ecommerce platforms
An open-source fully customizable platform for WordPress that turns any website into an eCommerce store. From physical to affiliate and digital products, WooCommerce allows you to run your eCommerce and affiliate store on a single platform.
Woocommerce is a popular WordPress eCommerce plugin powering over 34% of internet sites giving plenty of integration options with other solutions. It integrates with Facebook, Stripe, Zapier, Sage, and FBA (Fulfilment by Amazon). It comes with built-in payment processing functionality from credit card integration (PayPal and Stripe) to cash on delivery.
It’s free and easy to install the plugin with WordPress, so if you are familiar with WordPress it’s going to be extremely easy for you. Well, otherwise find good hosting, Install WordPress and turn it into your eCommerce store.
- Multi-Channel Support
- Multi-site Management
- Google Analytics Integration
- Cross-Browser Support
- Order Management
- Payment Processing Support
- Inventory Management
- Product Catalog
- Sales Reporting
- Excellent SEO performance
- Fully Customizable
- Easy to use
- It’s Free
- Payment Gateway Integration
- Integration with hundreds of extension libraries
- Comes with great flexibility
- Excellent SEO features
- Highly Secure
- Speed – slowing down of speed and performance because of too many plugins and extension
- Premium Extensions Fees
- Limited Customer Support
- Self-hosted, one has to maintain all the updates and security
- WordPress Knowledge required
Woocommerce is a Free and open-source, so itself it’s free but for the theme, hosting, and development you have to pay additional charges.
A leading open source enterprise online store empowering Nike, HP, Jack Daniel’s, and Canon. The powerful and robust eCommerce capabilities of Magento made it a trusted solution for online eCommerce business.
Magento is an easy to use platform with drag and drop tools where you can build your online store. It offers you plenty of features with the Magento marketplace where you can find multiple extensions. These additional extensions increase the theme’s functionality.
One thing to know is that Magento doesn’t offer themes of their own. So, you have to integrate your main platform with a third party. It comes with the integration of PCI Compliant Payment Solutions, checkout, shipping, and payment modules.
Although it can be used by small businesses, Magento platform is ideal for enterprise-level businesses instead of those who just started in the eCommerce market. It requires development skills, Shopify Pro offers Magento eCommerce website design and development services at affordable prices.
- Mobile ready commerce
- Marketing tools
- Customer support
- Order Management Support
- Catalog Browsing Management
- Google Site Map and Search Engine Optimization
- SSL supported Checkout, payment, and shipping process
- Google Analytics integration
- Content Management System
- Return Management Authorization (RMA)
- Advanced testing Capabilities
- SEO friendly sites
- Robust eCommerce features
- Multiple customization options
- Scalable eCommerce solution
- Expensive plans and need investment
- The need for a dedicated server
- Poor product support
- Few developers and need for advance development skills
- Slow loading time hence it’s time-consuming
- Magento CE (Community) – Free!
- Magento EE (Enterprise) – Starts at $22,000 per year.
- Magento EE Cloud – Starts at $2000 per year (includes hosting)
Squarespace – Best Ecommerce platforms
Another popular website builder with fully integrated eCommerce capabilities. Building a website with Squarespace is a breeze for you as it has multiple templates with full customization options.
Squarespace is also called the Apple of website builders where you can access mobile-optimized templates with outstanding features. This amazing website builder has different niches and features including blogging, photo galleries, and eCommerce.
New to Shopify business? Squarespace eCommerce platform is your stop. The intuitively designed platform helps you to scale your sales strategy. Its online store management report and analytics will help you to track your online store’s success. Moreover, from scratch to pre-made themes customization setup, Shopify Pro is offering the best in town Squarespace eCommerce services.
- Pre Designed modern templates
- Drag and Drop tools
- Over 100+ themes
- Mobile optimized templates
- Blogging Platform
- Squarespace Mobile Apps
- Content Downloading support
- eCommerce friendly website
- Excellent speed
- Collection of designed templates
- Drag and drop capabilities
- import/export functionality
- ShipStation and ShipBob integration
- G Suite Integration
- No Free plans
- Unavailability of Amazon Integration
- Lack of Backup functionality
- Limited customization of Search Engine Optimization
- Personal – $12 per month
- Business – $18 per month
- Online Store (Basic) – $26 per month
- Online Store (Advanced) – $40 per month
Volusion – Best Ecommerce platforms
Volusion is another leading eCommerce platform and one of the oldest key players in the eCommerce market. It has powered over 1, 80,000 websites where about $28 billion sales are processed through the Volusion platform.
It is a powerful and easy-to-use website builder that has drag and drop tools and content staging features. It has built-in templates where you will find free as well as premium themes. Volusion doesn’t have blogging capabilities. So you need a third-party integration for your store’s blog.
It’s a great solution for stores selling physical products, however; the digital download support feature is not available yet. You have the freedom to offer lots of products as there are no quantity restrictions for products. It has multiple marketing options including SEO, social selling, amazon, and coupons, etc.
- Excellent store builder
- Powerful SEO friendly platform
- eCommerce Platform Integration
- 24/7 customer support
- Easy built-in editor
- Fully customizable designs
- Marketing tools
- Secure Checkout process
- Third-party integration
- Abandoned cart reports
- Track your ROI
- Google Site Map
- Facebook, eBay, and Amazon integration
- Reporting, Gift cards, and Newsletter
- Excellent inventory management support
- Unlimited display options
- Easy and secure order processing
- Multiple flexible payment options
- Multiple eCommerce tools
- Limited design options
- Lack of blogging feature
- Lack of professional SEO
- Difficult customization options
Volusion is a cheap alternative to Shopify and BigCommerce with 14 days free trial
- Personal – $ 29 per month
- Professional – $79 per month
- Business – $299 per month
- Prime – Custom
If you are looking for an affordable and fully hosted eCommerce solution then the 3D cart is an ideal option for you. It gives lots of features and plenty of pricing options to serve small and large scale merchants. As the 3D’s in the name, it was primarily founded on three dimensions of eCommerce.
3DCart is packed with 200+ built-in features, 90 free templates, and about 160 supported payment gateways. In terms of Search engine optimization, the 3D cart performed well and has the best built-in SEO tools.
It needs development skills as it doesn’t come with drag and drop tools. So 3D cart is not an appealing option for beginners.
3D Cart Features
- Online store Content Management System
- Product Management support feature
- Multiple payment gateway integrations
- eCommerce Marketing tools
- SEO tools and Google Analytics
- Customer support
- Order processing and tracking Management
- Integrated Customer Relationship Management
- Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) Module
- Fully customizable
- Unlimited storage
- Built-in marketing tools feature
- Multiple checkout options
- Perform well for SEO
- No transaction fee
- Lacks in multi-channel selling
- Outdated theme designs
- Poor customer service
- Limitation on bandwidth usage
3D Cart has four price plans ranging from $19.99 to $129.99 per month with an Enterprise Solution for $199.99 per month
- Mini – $19.99 per month
- Starter – $35.99 per month
- Professional – $65.99 per month
- Most Popular – $99.99 per month
- Power Plan – $ 129.99 per month
Salesforce Commerce Cloud – Best Ecommerce platforms
Salesforce is a leading cloud-based eCommerce solution. It provides a single platform with a CRM and eCommerce solution.
It gives AI-based eCommerce experience and the best in house features to revolutionize the shopping experience. It helps in scaling your sales process. Commerce cloud has both B2B and B2C solutions that enhance the efficiency of a business.
Commerce Cloud has plenty of marketing tools and is highly customizable giving the multiple options of customizations. Moreover, Salesforce gives Apple Pay payment support that is the biggest online payment market.
Salesforce Commerce Cloud Features
- Product Management Support
- Mobile Optimized design templates
- Targeted marketing and promotion management
- Content Management System
- Integrated CRM
- Native targeting and A/B testing
- Salesforce products 360 engagement
- AI-powered personalization
- Catalog Management
- Real-time reporting and analytics
- Commerce Cloud Endless Aisle
- Social Media platforms Integration
- eCommerce Integration
- API’s support
- Fast and easy website setup
- Seamlessly innovative
- Huge community support
- Smooth third-party integration capabilities
- Lacks in customer support
- Complex features make it difficult for customization
- Additional cost for small businesses
Commerce Cloud is available in B2B and B2C versions, so the pricing differs based on add-ons and third-party integrations as per clients’ needs.
Square Online – Best Ecommerce platforms
Square Online provides an excellent website solution for your business and one of the best eCommerce platforms. It gives free eCommerce solutions to retailers, businesses, and restaurants to build their online store and start selling products.
It supports your inventory management by integrating with POS so you can have accurate access to your inventory. You’ll have a safe and secure transaction with multiple payment gateway integrations including Google pay and Apple Pay.
You can set up your store free with supported integration of multiple SEO and marketing tools. Using square you’ll have data management support for both online and physical sales.
Square Online Features
- Multi-channel selling
- Inventory Management support
- Multiple Marketing Tools support
- SEO Tools support
- Reporting and Analytics
- Multiple shipping features
- Product Management Support
- Customer Support
- Availability of online shopping cart functionality
- Easy to use and setup
- Available Free plan
- No technical knowledge required
- Single platform for eCommerce and Payment processing solution
- Limited Design and customization options
- Limited available features
- Limited payment gateway options
- Not suitable for big companies and businesses
- High transaction fee
Square Online has some appealing pricing options
- Free Plan – $0
- Professional – $16 per month
- Performance – $26 per month
- Premium – $72 per month
Best eCommerce Platform by Product, Service, Feature, and Industry categories
Best eCommerce Platform for Small Businesses
Small Business eCommerce sites don’t need complex features and unable to bear additional costs. The main concerning feature for small businesses is scalability. So we need to find a platform with an optimal scalability option.
Among all of the eCommerce platform, the top best platforms for small businesses are
– Square Space
Best eCommerce platform with ease of use
Nontech Savvy always looks for an eCommerce solution that is easy to use and simple to handle. So the platform as per ease of use are as follow
– Square Online
Best eCommerce platform for SEO
Search Engine Optimization helps to boost websites and without conversions, your online store will face some hard times.
Many eCommerce platforms offer SEO tools where some of the best platforms in consideration of SEO friendly URL, Page load time and SEO score, etc. are as follow
Best eCommerce platform for large businesses
To manage your multi-channel selling, marketing, and shipping you need a robust eCommerce platform. Some of the best enterprise eCommerce platforms for large businesses include
– Salesforce Commerce Cloud
Best eCommerce platform with Design Customization and functionalities
Design is a crucial step in building your online store. Many online stores provide multiple customization options where top platforms are
eCommerce platform with Drop Shipping capabilities
Dropshipping is a popular feature in the eCommerce market to sell products. This amazing feature is not available in all eCommerce platforms
Platforms with drop shipping capabilities are
We have narrowed down some of the best eCommerce platforms for you based on our personal experience. These platforms are upgrading their features by time so you may see variations after some time. We’ll keep updating our article to give you a full and latest list of different eCommerce platforms.
Choosing eCommerce platforms now totally depends on your needs and requirements. Here is the complete guide of different platforms so before selecting your platform deeply analyze your requirements and available features of platforms.
Shopify Pro doesn’t hold any responsibility for mentioned stats and prices nor takes any commission to rank these eCommerce platforms. Shopify Pro is serving its customers with the best eCommerce development services and enabling online businesses and stores to scale their sales strategy. Team Shopify Pro has the best Experts for Drupal, Opencart, Joomla, Cratejoy, Magento, WordPress, Squarespace, Lightspeed, BigCommerce, Miva, and, Subscription box to develop eCommerce stores at an affordable price.
Shopify2 years ago
Benefits of Shopify Website Maintenance
E-commerce10 months ago
10 E-Commerce Conversion tips to Boost Black Friday Sale in 2021
Digital Marketing10 months ago
SEO Checklist for 2021 – An Ultimate SEO Guide
E-commerce8 months ago
Ecommerce conversion checklist for 2021
Shopify6 months ago
Shopify Pricing Plans Review 2021
Shopify5 months ago
Ultimate Guide to Facebook Advertising
Search Engine Optimization1 year ago
200% Organic growth for GiftCardDeal Site
E-commerce7 months ago
WooCommerce vs Shopify – Which one is the best choice?